1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Icon rendered even when replace with icons is no

Discussion in 'Community' started by achartier, Apr 17, 2018.

1. achartier

achartier Active Member

Level: Community
    I have an element that I have been playing around with replacing with an icon. I notice that if you have an icon name in the Static Icon File box that the icon is rendered irrespective of what is chosen for the Replace With Icons selection.

2. Sophist

Sophist Well-Known Member

Yes - isn't that what you would expect - isn't that what "static icon" means?

I would agree that if we were starting again then it should respect the "Replace with icons" setting first and possibly use a static icon if the field value is empty or possibly if the field value does not match an icon. Indeed this might be compatible enough to be an acceptable change.

"Replace with icons" should perhaps be "Replace with dynamic icon".

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  3. achartier

achartier Active Member

4. achartier

achartier Active Member

The element code seems to be using the Replace With Icon value to determine whether it checks for images with the same name as the element or if it should use icons at all. It is inconsistent in its usage in various places.