1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Forcing Field Element/Column width?

Discussion in 'Community' started by bespokeappstt, Oct 11, 2021.

1. bespokeappstt

bespokeappstt Hubstaff freelancer

Level: Community
    How can I force the width of a column/element? I have a 'field' element but it's next to a 'textarea' element. The contents of the text area is squeezing it making the width to narrow. I want to force the width of the 'field' element (column) a little more. Where do I go to do that?

2. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

You don't give details, so it's hard to give an advice, e.g.
    • Columns group settings
    • Custom list/form/details CSS

3. bespokeappstt

bespokeappstt Hubstaff freelancer

My apologies. The screenshot below shows the contents of the Category being squeezed into two lines because the column Description has to much width.
    upload_2021-10-17_21-7-24.png

How do I force the Category column to a fixed width so that for instance the row with 'Rental Process' fits on one line?

4. juuser

juuser Well-Known Member

This seems to be a repeat group rendered as table?

In that case you can add some css into form's custom css file, something like:

th.fabrikrepeattable___elementname {
    width: 20%;
    }

Or set the fixed width in pixels.

You can check the exact element name with browser inspect tool by right-clicking in table column header and choosing Inspect.

If this is a list, then you can add the "width: 20%;" in element settings -> list settings -> css.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021