1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

Complex form

Discussion in 'Community' started by RobertG, Apr 8, 2020.

1. RobertG

RobertG Member

Level: Community
    Hi,

I didn't find on the forum or in the wiki how to create complex forms. I there is a tutorial, please tell me the page.

I need to display many tables (no relation between them) to use in lists on a new form: the visitor selects an item in all these lists, add two dates, his identity data and validate. All these data are saved in a new table.

For exemple, a restaurant choice: entries, main courses, desserts, drink that are in their own table.

Thanks for your help!

2. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

For designing a database see e.g. http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/design-strategy/

But you description doesn't sound complex.
    It seems you just want to use lookup tables.

So create a list for your "new" table, add elements: databasejoin elements for the choices, date elements for the dates etc.

RobertG likes this.
  3. RobertG

RobertG Member

Thanks troester!

I have yet the "final" table and its fields (from a existant home made script), and o form using it.
    I am trying to give access to visitors for some, only administrator for all.
    I will try to use databasejoin fields (I'm usig them for others forms) but have for the moment some difficulties...