1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

List View Disapeared

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by willisbryan, Aug 20, 2012.

  1. willisbryan

    willisbryan New Member

    Level: Community
    Hello,

    I had a list that was working and then I changed my time element to allow for ordering. Once I did this I was unable to view the list from the front end. The back end I could view it but not on the front end. I tried to put all the settings back and now I cant view the list in either. Please help!

    I am getting the following error and any help would greatly be appreciated!

    500 - DateTime::__construct() [datetime.--construct]: Failed to parse time string (08-25-2012 00:00:00) at position 0 (0): Unexpected character

    Thanks in advance,

    Bryan
     
  2. cheesegrits

    cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

    Level: Community
    Can you define what you mean by "changed my time element to allow for ordering"? What settings did you change?

    -- hugh
     
  3. willisbryan

    willisbryan New Member

    Level: Community
    I created a separate table from a main table that I had. One of the labels that I have is time:. I went into the element on the secondary group and clicked to allow it to be ordered. Once I did this I was unable to see the table and that's when I posted the above error. To make this more clear:

    I have a main list called scheduling. I operate a desk that schedules notaries for the finance industry. My main table contains all the appointment information as well as accounting information that is not visible to everyone.

    I created a second list called accounting and made the connection to my main scheduling list. This second list, accounting, does nothing except show me name of appointment and my invoice amount. I normally will sort by date range to invoice my clients on a weekly basis.

    When I edited the element on the second list, I had to unlink it from the main list. After I unlinked it I went to elements sorted to the accounting group, found the time element and then checked to allow it to be ordered. My time is inputed via a drop down list from my main list.

    I tried to put all the settings back to where they were but it didn't fix the issue. I could just create a new list butnid rather try to figure out what I did.

    Hope that helps...
     
  4. cheesegrits

    cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

    Level: Community
    OK, that helps, now I can attempt to reproduce the problem here.

    -- hugh
     

Share This Page