1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Geocode Coordinates from Google Map Element

Discussion in 'Community' started by cheyennemtnman, Nov 27, 2021.

1. cheyennemtnman

cheyennemtnman Member

Level: Community
    Can the geo coordinates from maps element be saved into another element and then pass the coordinates as url parameters. to build a link to be sent out in an email?

2. lousyfool

lousyfool Active Member

Why not?
    If nothing else, obviously you can fetch any data stored anywhere in the database with a query, then use it in whatever context.

3. cheyennemtnman

cheyennemtnman Member

I know this but I was referring to the element... I see where the map is drawn but where would I find the coordinates to build an URL with with the coordinates as parameters within the URL?

4. lousyfool

lousyfool Active Member

Generally, again, you could look it up in phpMyAdmin to see how data is stored. Or use a Fabrik placeholder with "_raw" appended e.g. in a calc element and see what you're getting.

cheyennemtnman and troester like this.
  5. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

Googlemaps raw format is
    (lat,lon):zoom
    e.g.
    (50.0485854,21.3423372):4

cheyennemtnman likes this.
  6. cheyennemtnman

cheyennemtnman Member

Awesome! Thank you Both!!

7. cheyennemtnman

cheyennemtnman Member

So there is a raw format within the Fabrik element that holds the googlemaps raw format?

8. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

As @lousyfool said:
    Did you try?

9. cheyennemtnman

cheyennemtnman Member

In the process of doing so... was trying to clarify what your response meant... I thought you may have been referring to what GoogleMaps expects and not necessarily the Fabrik element placeholder