1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

Email Form Plugin

Discussion in 'Community' started by gcopping, Jun 21, 2020.

1. gcopping

gcopping Member

Level: Community
    I have downloaded and installed the Email Form plugin but when I go to it there is nothing there, as per this documentation, so I cannot use it:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/email-form-plugin/

Can anyone help?

Also can anyone confirm that using this plugin I can generate an email when a value is changed to a specific value?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

2. mattsh

mattsh Member

3. gcopping

gcopping Member

Thanks for trying to help

Yes the plugin is enabled which is I assume what you mean?

I have also uninstalled and then re-installed to see if that made any difference but still the same.

See the screenshot enclosed as to what I get.

Attached Files:

4. lousyfool

lousyfool Active Member

5. gcopping

gcopping Member

Thanks for this I am looking at it now.

Can you also tell me where I would find the table name and field name of the email address for a registered user so that I can dynamically send the email to the correct email address?

6. lousyfool

lousyfool Active Member

Again, please see Wiki: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/email-form-plugin/

7. gcopping

gcopping Member

Yes I am looking at this but I want to dynamically send to the email address of a registered user and I don't know where to find the table and field name of this email address. I need this because, according to this documentation, "friendly names" are not supported.

8. lousyfool

lousyfool Active Member

Hard to tell without knowing the list and form, and what exactly you're doing.
    Who is "a registered user"? The one filling in the form? A different one? Single/multiple?
    Anything in the form containing any user data? You can take that to get the email field from the Joomla #__users table.

9. gcopping

gcopping Member

Thanks for all of your help here.

I want to do the following. When an Administrator updates a specific form field of a single registered user, who will be in the #__users table, I want to send an email to this registered users email address. The form in question will contain the userid of the registered user as in the #__user table but not their email address. Does this help you to understand what I am trying to do?

10. lousyfool

lousyfool Active Member

11. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

12. gcopping

gcopping Member

OK I have set this up but the email doesn't appear on testing. How can I debug this to see what is happening? Is there a trace option I can activate?

13. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

Debug with the usual php var_dump() etc. with or without exit;
    Or use the jdump extension.

14. gcopping

gcopping Member

Thanks but I have very little experience of PHP so not sure at all how to do this. I had already tried activating Joomla Debug and had a good luck at the results but couldn't discern anything from them.

I have enclosed 2 screenshots. One is the Email to (eval) code and the other is the Option/Condition code. Because I have hardly any PHP experience I am sure that I will have done something wrong but just can't tell what.

I have written up what I am trying to accomplish in an earlier post.

If anyone can help me at all it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files: