1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

Cascading Dropdown stopped working in Fabrik 2.1.1

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by eamonn, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eamonn

eamonn New Member

Level: Community
    In an attempt to solve a problem with CSV Export, see post, I have recently upgraded to Fabrik 2.1.1 and updated SVN and cascading dropdowns now show an error 501 as follows:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY text ASC' at line 1 SQL=SELECT DISTINCT(`jos_aa_hpw_discipline_details`.`id`) AS value, `jos_aa_hpw_discipline_details`.`discipline` AS text FROM `jos_aa_hpw_discipline_details` AS `jos_aa_hpw_discipline_details` WHERE discipline_code = '' AND ORDER BY text ASC

In reverting to Fabrik 2.1, the cascading dropdown works but the CSV Export problem has, of course, returned.

Joomla Version 1.5.23

2. felixkat

felixkat Senior Member

Are you in a position to do a SVN update? This will bring all the core code & plugins up to the latest level.

It would make diagnosing any issues, if any exist after the update, a lot easier.

Normally if you update the component you would have to update any Fabrik plugins but I don't see a Cascade 2.1.1 plugin...... so for this reason I would recommend an SVN update.

3. pastvne

pastvne Bruce Decker

I am at latest SVN using CDD. I did have to re-install remove mootools to get the mootools confict issue with CDD (the CDD will hang and never populate) to work.
    -BD

4. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

@Felix, the 2.1.1 CDD should be in downloads:

http://fabrikar.com/downloads/details/36/268

@Eamon, I don't seem to be able to duplicate your error. I just loaded up my CDD torture test form, on latest SVN, and it all looks good. When are you getting that error? Is it on form display, or details display, in a table, or using the CDD as a table filter?

Can you post a screenshot of your CDD settings?

I can't work out why you would get that dangling AND with no condition after it. The only way we should ever append that 'AND' is if your WHERE filter setting has something in it, after we strip any spaces out.

-- hugh

5. eamonn

eamonn New Member

@cheesegrits, the error occurs when accessing a form that is using two CDDs.

Screenshots attached.

Attached Files:

• CDD.zip
      File size:
      108.4 KB
      Views:
  6. cheesegrits

Does it happen both on new forms, and editing an existing record?

My torture test has three daisy chained CDD's in a normal group, and two in a repeat group, and they seem to work OK.

I may need to just get on your system and do some debugging, as I just can't see how, with the code in latest SVN, we could end up with that dangling AND after the WHERE.

I'll be up for another hour or so (it's only 3:30am, LOL!), catch me on Skype ('cheesegrits') if you see this before I crash.

-- hugh

7. eamonn

eamonn New Member

Hugh, I have had to revert to Fabrik 2.1 in order to maintain the CDD functionality. Will you need me to update to Fabrik 2.1.1 for you to debug?

8. cheesegrits

OK, the problem was that I goofed when I uploaded all the 2.1.1 plugin ZIP's, and didn't set published=1 in our downloads table. So i thought they were all there and visible ... because the pre-filter on that table doesn't apply to Admins.

::sigh::

As soon as I published them and Eamonn could see the 2.1.1 CDD ZIP to download and install it, it fixed the problem.

Mea Culpa.

-- hugh

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.